CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

A message to be spread

Take this to heart.
There are people who love you that couldn’t imagine you being gone. No matter how desolate or alone you feel – remember that there is always someone. Talk to someone. Leave the house and go for a walk. Walk (or drive) to close friend’s house. Confide. Cry. Listen to music. Paint/draw/sketch a picture. You’ll get through it, and those who love you will be glad you did.

I myself have had times where I felt like I was on a pale horse to hell, and that I would never come back. I did come back, and I did it with the support of my friends and their unconditional love.

And remember to return the favor. If someone comes to you in a state of desperation and depression, listen. Listen to them. Offer words of comfort to them. Say “I Love You” “You’ll/We’ll get through this” “I’m/we’re always here for you” “How can I help?” “Call me when you need to talk” “I’m not giving you up with out a fight” “Don’t give up” “Don’t give in”. Offer a hug, a hold. Support is powerful in getting the message through. Hold them however tightly your relationship deems appropriate (friends vs. significant other). If appropriate, a kiss on the forehead or hair will do wonders. It creates a feeling of being protected, which is exactly what we need when in dark time.Always remember that there is someone who loves you.

Survive to live another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those who truly love us are indeed very special people. They're not perfect. We're not perfect. But they love us and we love them. Very important. Yes.. ;)

The Hatter said...

Noone is ever perfect, and that's why I love whom I love. For their flaws

"
I'd rather hate you for everything you are
Than ever love you for something you are not
I'd rather you hate me for everything I am
Than have you love me for something that I can't
"

Persephone said...

So true...